Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hi gang,

A special howdy to Monique who visited my site. Monique is from the British Isles so be patient with her. How did you find out about my blog?

You know I started blogging so I could keep my kids updated on their parents. Who are the ones who never read Dad's blog? Yep, you are right, it is my kids. We will get calls asking where we are and what are we doing when all they had to do is visit my blog and they would know what we WANT them to know. Kids, you beat them and beat them and they still don't get the message. I think it comes from their mother's side... they are English.

Took Cheryl to the doctor yesterday so she could have an endecology. I hope I spelled that right. Her throat constricts and they go in and stretch it open. It really is not a bad procedure 'cause it never hurt me one bit. She came home and wanted to sleep all day but I could not allow that... after all who was going to feed me? Today she is up and doing things and being lippy and sassy. I guess it is time for an attitude adjustment. (I sound so mean and tough don't I?)

I still have two more weeks before I get to go back to work. I think cabin fever is setting in. Cheryl keeps telling me to get more but where would I go and what would I do. I don't hunt and the fishing streams and lakes are all frozen over. I have never tried ice fishing because I am afraid I will fall through the ice. (I am a little on the plump side.) Plus all the things I like to do are right here in the house... sleep, eat, sleep, computer work, sleep and eat some more. It is a great life.

Guess I will close for now. Cancers must have their rest to maintain their majesty and etc. Think I will go and see what jokes Merle has posted today. She is always good for a laugh. Oh, LOWA, glad you liked the Fablehaven books. Might try reading Inkheart which was fairly good. Another series that I read was about a girl who wants to become a vampire. For the life of me I cannot think of the name of it right now... actually there are three books. Twilight, Eclipse, and New Moon (I think that is the name of the last one.). Anyway you might enjoy them. I swear the TV show Moonlight is patterned after these books somewhat.

Well the noon time whistle just sounded and that means food is somewhere being served so I must go after which I will have to sleep it off.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

darkfoam said...

yes, i know all about those cancers and the rest they need....tsk...
if they don't get it they get cranky.
hope cheryl is feeling much better.

Jeralee said...

Woohoo! Love being a Cancer also! Sorry to hear that Aunt Cheryl had to have what sounds like an unpleasant procedure. Oh, and you forgot to add to your line up of eat, sleep and computer - TV TIME!

Tigersue said...

Actually eclipse is the last book, and New Moon is the 2nd. Although I enjoyed them, I do not see the hype! If the girl was my daughter she would be due some pretty major punishment in my book. :)
Not the kind of girl I want my daughter to be.