Friday, January 25, 2008

My friend/relative, Sarah in Iowa, sent me this picture and I thought it was too neat to not share. This is a very rare flower in Thailand and this picture is probably as close as most people will ever get to seeing it. Quite unique.

Thank you Foam. If I had of known it was that easy I would have asked long ago. I really did like the Bertha though.

Cheryl has left me. I am all alone with nothing to eat, no one to wait on me, what will I do if I get sick?

I see that in Canada all the women in a town located in Alberta left for a week and the men had to cope with life, kids and all other things without them. What was funny that for a whole week there were no car accidents, telephones were always available and a few other notables. Hmmmm.

In Britain a bus driver kicked a girl off because she was being lead around on a leash by her boyfriend. The driver felt she was a safety hazard. Personally I wonder why she would want to be treated like that. She said she liked it. How degrading.

Here is a joke that Sarah passed on to me. Thought I would share it. *************************************************************************************

Ida, who belonged to a synagogue group devoted to visiting and helping the sick members of her congregation, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas. As luck would have it, a gas station was just a block away.

She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas. The attendant told her the only gas can he owned had been loaned out but she could wait until it was returned.

Since Ida was on the way to see another patient, and behind schedule, she decided not to wait and walked back to her car. She looked for something in her car that she could fill with gas and spotted the bedpan she always had handy for needy patients.

Always resourceful, she carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with gas, and carried the full bedpan back to her car which was decorated with many Hebrew decals and bumper stickers.

As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two men watched from across the street. One of them turned to the other and said:

"If it starts, I'm converting to Judaism."

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

I forgot to mention that the flower is called a parrot flower.

Monique said...

The parrot flower is absolutely amazing! I work with a Tai lady and shall ask her if she knows about it.

The joke is hilarious.

darkfoam said...

that really is a very beautiful flower ... and a funny joke too ... although did you have to use such small print?

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim, Wow That Parrot flower is Beautifull, The joke was hard to read,,Hahahahah

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Lovely flower that I was thinking looked like a bird in flight
and I see it's called a Parrot flower. Good joke. For those who say the printing is too small, it can be
increased in size by clicking Ctrl and the + sign. Glad you got a laugh from my jokes and thanks for "You brighten my day." Take care, Regards, Merle.