Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Okay, I have a question for all you ladies out there. How in the world do you get your whites to turn out nice and white when you live in hard water country? I have tried peroxide, bleach, baking soda and all to no avail. There has got to be a trick or product out there that will do this.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland. Oh Yeah!!

Monday was a good old fashioned Idaho blizzard day. The snow was falling, the wind was blowing, the trees were swishing and I was watching and loving it all. Tuesday and Wednesday there has been no school due to winds closing the country roads. Here in town it is fairly calm. I just settle down to my good old computer, grab me a cool pepsi, maybe a snack or two and enjoy life. Cheryl is in Provo, UT with our daughter so the house is nice and quiet. I screen all my phone calls just in case Cheryl tries to call and give me a list of things to do.

My daughter went through her operation with flying colors. It was a little more complicated and serious than first thought but she is apparently doing fine. Grandma is enjoying being with the little one. Son in law is enjoying Grandma being there and cooking for him. Sure, leave the poor old crippled, sickly Grandpa at home to fend for himself.

Yes, sonny boy took all his medicines.

I have been such a good boy since Cheryl left that I think I will treat myself to a steak dinner tonight out at the local truck stop. Now before you go to laughing they really do have great steak dinners on Wednesday nights. Us country folks appreciate the little things in life.

Did you hear about the hen, in Mexico, that lays green eggs? I think I would be a little on the cautious side before eating them. Mexico is not known for having standards like some of us do.

So much for today. I am putting in my two cents now because I have a feeling that starting next week I will be busy again. I was just getting used to this lazy life. Speaking of which have any of you seen the lazy chair drill team? I am not sure if that is the actual name but it is a group of men dressed in underwear, socks held up by garters, panama hats on and they do a routine about how to use a fold up lawn chair. It is hilarious.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Jeralee said...

fill up the washing machine with hot water and put it on soak cycle. put in a scoop of laundry detergent, and about 7 scoops of OXI-Clean. Let it soak overnight. Check it every few hours and turn the agitator on just to mix up the solution. The next day, run it through a wash cycle. You might want to rinse it twice to get all of the detergents out.

You can also try soaking the items in a bucket with hot water and Biz Bleach. That is how I got the girl's clothes super white when they were babies - and it is safe on colors.

Oh, and we have hard water also.

Lowa said...

PEPSI!?!?

PEPSI!?!?

Tim, Tim, Tim...Oh no. Here I thought you were a great guy and all...wow...I need to seriously reconsider our friendship here...when COKE is available and you purposely choose to put something that tastes like pine sol in your mouth and DRINK IT!?!?

Oh, I am so sad. I need to go recover. I can't even talk about all your other news except that I hope your daughter recovers fully and is just dandy very soon.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Do hope your daughter is soon well again and Cheryl is home to straighten you out. Sounds like you are having too much fun !!
Good advice about the white washing
also soaking in Napisan is good.
If you have that there. There will be some sort of diaper soaker and it's good. Take care, Regards, Merle.

Pamela said...

glad to hear your daughter is mending / and especially that "mom" is there to help.

green eggs. Yes, I had some little bantums that laid green eggs when I was a kid. We bought them from a farm in Kent WA. I think they were Aracuna or something like that

You need a water softener. There are several varieties on the market. Just something to keep the minerals from leeching. (Heck, I don't know what I'm talking about)