Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Well here we are standing in front of our mode of transportation. Two lovebirds with not enough sense to know it is very cold.


This is West Yellowstone, MT looking down the road we came in on.

Yes, it was VERY cold. Add the wind chill factor and it was below zero degrees.













The grizzley's were in hibernation but this old fellow was at the visitors center and still worth the picture. His companion is coming up next. I think it looks like Cheryl when she is picking her... um... toes.





Now this is two old bears after the same fish. We became friends later on.


So typical to see Bison on the road.


They are like watching cattle.



Bored yet???? I will post some more pictures another day. I am tired and need to take a nap. Today is Cheryl and my 42nd anniversary so I must get my rest... what for I do not know but rest I will get. Our children gave us a gift certificate to a fancy steak and seafood place in Logan, UT so maybe we will go there.
Maybe we will go to the LDS temple and pray for our German friends. Oops, I forgot, we don't pray for them on Thursday. Well the Canadians can always use all the help they can get. Darn, I forgot, we don't pray for them on Thursday either. Well Australia was founded by Irish convicts, or so I am told, so if all else fails I will pray for them since they are so closely related. Ah heck, I will just pray for the Irish the most perfect people on the earth... just ask us.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way. (Hush Merle, I know who sang that song but it is now the Irish anthem.
Have a nice day everyone.




























13 comments:

Lowa said...

You sir, are a hoot!

I may be Irish, but don't forget I am still Canadian. You can pray for me any day, can't you?? :)

I wasn't bored at all. The more pictures the better, I say! I loved them all and thank you for sharing.

Happy Anniv! 42 years, eh?? Pretty impressive! After your nap, you should certainly go to the restaurant. For Stud and I's anniv (18 years) last week, we shared a fancy supper in the food court at the mall. YIPEEE!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Ah LOWA that is what I call my idea of a perfect anniversary dinner.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Congrats to you and Cheryl for your 42nd anniversary. Well done
to both of you. I enjoy the pctures and was not the least bit bored. Sorry I called the bison in the last post a moose. I get confused easily, the later it gets. Glad you enjoy the jokes. When my younger son was 18, I used to tease him with that song ~ you know how at that age they know everything. Take care, Regards, Merle.

Tigersue said...

What great pictures!
Happy Anniversary, 42 years, can I stand up and clap.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Merle I just considered it was an Australian mistake since you probably don't see too many of those animals down there.

Tiger Sue I have missed you. For Cheryl to have put up with me for 42 years she should get a standing ovation. Hope your holidays were good ones.

Tigersue said...

Don't feel to guilty. The past two years my scripture reading has been practically nil. I swear my little girls no the moment I pull my scriptures out to read. That and my depression, well it has been easier to turn away than to persevere. I am determined to do better this years, somehow.

Jeralee said...

Happy Anniversary! 42 years is a great accomplishment in this day in age! And we all know that good marriages are based on a great degree of mutual tolerance. he he!

Love the pictures, especially the one of you and Aunt Cheryl freezing your butts off there in the snow.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Tim!! I love the pictures. The one of you both is great!!! You need to post more of you guys. The scenery pics are great too. Wow, that is coooold. I was freezing in Missouri when we were there, and it was only about 20 there. I would DIE!!!!

Pamela said...

yeaaah!!!! a RED HAT and purple boa. I love her.

(Hey, I thought I was Irish for a very long time, until I did some research. I found out we were 15 bean soup.)

Pamela said...

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

..................... said...

here's a standing ovation for cheryl for putting up with a crazy irishman for 42 years..;)
nice photos..
i enjoyed them.

Gwen said...

Hi Tim.
Just dropped by to see how things
are with you and yours.
Happy 42nd Anniversary,we have just celerbrated our 50th.
Happy New Year

Avry said...

Happy belated anniversary! Loved your pictures. Looks like a great trip though. BRRRR!!