Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Merciful heavens it is cold this morning. I thought they would cancel school due to the temperature but no such luck. I was under the impression that if it got down to -5 degrees schools would shut down for student safety but Cheryl left for work and has not returned. Ah, another day of relaxation and loafing. That silly woman thinks I am going to vacuum the floors. HAH!!!

What to write about this morning. Hmmmm, the brain is dead. (Never mind the agreeing comments.) Just wanted everyone to know the rest of the body is not dead yet.

I had to do one of those safety thingys for a website the other day. What questions. What was your first car. Crap, when you get to my age you have forgotten your first car, your first date, your first kiss (well, maybe not that one), your first anything. Next question: what is your favorite food? Well duh. I didn't get to looking like I do by choosing "A" favorite food. I like many foods but bacon is either number one or very close. It used to be pizza but that has slid a couple of notches down the list. Now if I had access to shrimp then bacon would have a strong contender.

I was reading a blog by Heather and Logan and it brought back memories of snowshoeing, skiing, hiking and just having fun in the mountains. Oh that was another question asked: what is your favorite place to visit? You seen one city you have seen them all. Now the mountains always have something new to look at. Who knows when you might see a deer, elk, moose, whatever. Anyway back to my babbling. I kind of miss snowmobiling, the solitude of being in the mountains with no one else around and enjoying the quiet. Of course there are always the possibilities of seeing naked people suddenly like a group of boy scouts did one day. They were hiking up the trail and her come two women, completely naked. They stopped, looked at the boys, shrugged and kept on walking. You know that made for excited chatter from those young men the rest of the day and longer. I think one of the women's name was Alice.

I used to love saddling up the horse, taking the dog, a lunch and going up to a secluded spot where the horse grazed, the dog chased anything his imagination could come up with and just would lie there and gaze at the surrounding hills and sky. That was the life.

Enough of this blabber. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Have a nice day everyone.

1 comment:

..................... said...

i think it's really neat that you have memories of riding up into the mountains and just hanging out. i reckon you never had the luck of those boy scouts though ... lol ..

i posted a comment on your post below, btw.
i'm a bit headachey this evening, so i'm off to bed early.