Monday, January 21, 2008

A cheery good Monday morning to all. I have no pictures to post and for a good reason too. Last week, while right in the middle of some important work, my computer decided it was tired and quit. Come to find out the power supply burned up. In a panic I rushed out and purchased a new computer which has none of my old files or pictures on it. It will take a while but I will get things back to normal.

I don't know if the story is true but I received an email about the prime minister of Australia. In this story he was told those who did not like his country to get out since no one invited them there in the first place. He also said the home language is English and if that was not acceptable... get out. Way to go Mr. prime minister!!

How about them New England Patriots. Who would have ever thought ANY professional team could go through a season undefeated and possibly win the overall championship undefeated. What a feat. Sorry Green Bay. I was hoping Bret Favre would end on a higher note but when you are old (er) ...you feel the cold a little more than those younger guys. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that all cities with extreme weather should have an enclosed field so the players can play according to their talents, not what the weather allows them to do. The days of macho football weather should be behind us. It was hard to watch those guys out there freezing in sub-zero weather.

Hillary is a happy woman. Her tears brought much sympathy and now she is leading the other candidates. I think I am going to cry.

Hope this Monday morning finds all of you well and happy. I know all of you went to church yesterday and worshiped according to your beliefs. I went and pestered everyone I could.

Today I guess I will work on my taxes. Got the rest of my w-2's the other day and there is not any sense in putting it off. I love this time of year.

Cheryl and I watched the movie, "The Bridge to Terrabithia" and I kind of liked it. There was a twist I wasn't expecting but that is okay. I would recommend it to any young person.

Enough of my babble. Today is laundry day, tax day, put out the garbage day, sleep day, eat day and lie down until all this ambition passes over day. I think I will start with the last item.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I'm feeling really lazy today myself Tim...it is dreary outside, cold and wet. And I have to work!! BAH humbug!! I wish I could go home and get under my warm covers.

Monique said...

Hi, I saw your previous entry with a question. Simple, I clicked on your blog name (curious as to who you are) where you had been making a visit, which gave me your profile and I scrolled down to your blog name, clicked on that and here I am.

Have a nice day too.

darkfoam said...

and a cheery good tuesday morning to you, tim. i hope you won't loose anything important because the old computer burned up. that would be a bummer. i won't tell you what we did sunday morning, but that evening we cooked for 35 young people in our church, just the spouse and i...
and washed and cleaned up those dishes...just the spouse and i.
taxes...ugh...
just very recently we also watched the bridge of terrabithia and, yes, i'd have to say there is an unexpected twist to it. good movie, though.