Monday, January 09, 2006

Ah old age!! It allows men to get away with so much and still be considered innocent.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Cheryl and I took a drive into the mountains and over to Bear Lake, Idaho looking at homes and just goofing off. We almost got caught by a snowstorm and me with no winter tires on the vehicle. Once we hit the top of the mountain pass we knew we had it made since it is all downhill to the city where we live. I must admit it was really doing some serious snowing though.

Reminds me of when Cheryl and I eloped. We were driving through Wyoming in an old 1959 Ford with no winter tires. We had traveled from Ohio through many states to Wyoming, through snowstorms and on icy roads without any problem. As we were approaching some small town in Wyoming the roads was very snow covered but without anyone giving us problems we knew we could make it. Wouldn't you know it. President Lyndon Johnson's two daughters were in a caravan on the same road and they had become stuck. Naturally we got stopped and when the car stopped we were stuck also. Lucky for us that once the Johnson party got going the state troopers were so relieved to get them out of their hair that they just gave us a push and left us alone. We made it without any further problems.

When I was driving truck a few years ago my co-driver and I had pulled out of Reno, Nevada and were heading to California using the back road that went to Ridgecrest. Both us were experienced snow drivers and as we kept going we noticed signs saying "chain up when roads are snow covered". We weren't experiencing any problems so we just kept going. Finally I looked at Earl and said, "Maybe we better pull over and put the chains on." We pulled over and when I stepped out of the truck I immediately fell on my keester. It was slick as snot, not that I go around testing to see how slick snot is.

We got the chains on and did not go 1/4 of a mile when who should be on the side of the road but good old CHP. He got on his radio and thanked us for chaining up. I got on my radio and asked if we could take them back off. "Oh yea", he said, "In about 100 miles." He was not lieing at all.

Tomorrow I will take on part 4 of the Kip saga. As I have thought about the things that kid has had happened I realized I can't tell all that. I would be writing for a long, long time.

We are now in the process of looking for a home. Kim and Robin decided to sell this house we are living in so it won't keep showing up on their credit report. Kind of caught us off guard but we will manage. We are finding that homes are darned expensive here. Might have to move to the Wyoming prairies and live in a tent.

Someone sent me these pictures and I thought they were funny. Hope this doesn't apply to any of my blonde friends out there.

No comments: