Monday, January 23, 2006


That is my story...

We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold any more so it started filling up the rest of me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Oh, I have to eat a lot of crow this morning. Did the Broncos let me down or what? I have received phone calls with laughing voices on the other end, I have received e-mails and could feel the snickers but to top it all of Hollyberry will never let me forget who won yesterday.

My daughter Katherine just could not wait to call me and let me know the game was over and the Steelers had won. The humiliation of it all.

Today we find out if our offer on a house was accepted. Cheryl and I are kind of on pins and needles about the whole thing. She is so nervous that she is picking on me and that is not acceptable; I do the picking around here.

Prison was quite mellow yesterday. Starting to get a new bunch but the same old reasons; drugs (as a rule). I just don't understand the drug thing I guess. What would make a person get so low as to want to put that stuff in their system? Meth, in my opinion, is one of the most dangerous of all drugs due to the long time effects on the brain. I have seen people in there that it is so obvious their brains are fried; half the time they don't know what they are even talking about.

I guess I should be thankful that the only problem in my day was alcohol which is a drug also. I often wonder what I would have done had the stuff that is available today would have been available back then. (You know, the horse and buggy days.) I actually feel sorry for the ones who are hooked on this stuff 'cause their lives are no longer theirs.

Enough of that. It is actually a good day. Cheryl is going to work and the cat and I will take our naps then tell her how busy we were. Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

Sorry your team lost. Apparently our team did quite well and goes to some big Bowl thing or something. Hubby is pleased.

Yes, drugs are horrible. And do you know, Sugar is a drug?? It is seriously addicting and has negative effects. Bad stuff, any of it.

Have a great nap! Hope you get the house you are wanting.

Dottie said...

I'm sorry your team lost, too.
Being from SE Missouri I hear many horror stories about Meth. It is everywhere here and is dangerous, hideous stuff.
Good luck with the house!

Holly said...

Well Uncle Tim I'm sorry your team lost too..eeehh hhhemm (chuckles)

Hope you get the house you want so you can feel comfortable the next time the Broncos face the Steelers (snickering)

Drugs are Bad bad bad but thats coming from a person that has to take approximately 15 pills every morning and another 5 at night. I hate it but doctor says i need them to stay "normal" ha ha don't think they work to well if you ask me lol

wish i could get a nap but instead i get to clean house today yippeeeeeeeeeee!!! ok i've had too much coffee too!

..................... said...

Hope you get your house. We are also looking for a house off and on. But since we don't really have to move we are not in a hurry. We apparently have a lot of meth labs in our mountains...awful stuff.