Saturday, January 21, 2006

My form of relaxation in the evening is watching a movie or a television show. Of course I like Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Thirteenth Warrior, Zorro, any John Wayne move and I really like the Robert Redford movie Jeremiah Johnson. Television is usually the CSI shows, all of them, Crossing Jordan, Ghost Whisperer and certainly Lost. Cheryl and I got hooked on Dancing With The Stars last summer and have enjoyed it this season as well. However, it is so apparent that something is wrong there. They have eliminated some of the better dancers and kept that stupid P Diddle, or whatever his name is, who cannot dance to save his life. He is an embarrassment to the rest of the group yet he has a strong enough call in vote to keep him on the show; what a joke. I was glad they eliminated Tatum O'Neal; she is one spoiled individual and I felt sorry for her partner. (How did I get on this tirade?)

Now more about ME, ME, ME!!!

Well, that was enough about me.

Not much happening with our lives right now. I just keep on blogging and Cheryl keeps on doing her thing. There is one thing that my wife and I do that I really enjoy, (no, it is not just sex). It is the little things that keep fond feelings in our marriage. We hold hands when watching TV, we always give one another a kiss in the morning and at night and tell each other how much we love them. At times we will just lay in bed and hold hands or snuggle up and talk about things that we are involved with. If I am in the computer room doing my thing Cheryl will come in and work on her sewing or whatever project she is doing. Why? She says it is because she likes being around me. I tell her that is right buddy girl and she is not to forget it. Now after 40 years of marriage that is a real compliment. I guess I will keep her for a while longer.

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy. Nothing worse than getting up every morning and dreading the day for whatever reason. As a kid I just dreaded hearing the car pull into the drive knowing that the adults were home and the tension would be mounting. With Cheryl I love to hear the car pull in. It means I get fed!! Seriously, it means that my best friend is home and the happiness will continue. I don't know what I would do if I lost her.

Okay, okay enough of this stuff. Someone might start thinking I am a big softy.

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Congratulations on being married for 40 years, how awesome that is in todays world. I feel the same way about my hubby. I miss him terribly when he's at work or we are apart. He can drive me nuts when we are home together though. Must be love! LOL

And WHAT is going on with Dancing with the Stars? P whatever is pitiful!

..................... said...

Oh, does that mean I have to stop pummeling my husband when he snores at night to maintain those lovey dovey feelings?

Holly said...

lol @ schauml with the snoring husband i know how that is to well. hint the couch doesn't snore!and to my uncle the big softy lol the broncos are going down tomorrow! get ready to eat some dirt!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

AWWW - that is really sweet. I hope I can find someone to spend the rest of my life with...that is so cool.Congrats to you and Cheryl. Hey, you need to post a picture of you guys - I don't even know what ya'll look like!

Dana