Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Today is anniversary day

Yep, today is Cheryl and my 40th anniversary. Do I have any regrets? Nope, not a one. This gal is my best friend as well as all the other adjectives one could put with her name. True, life has had its share of ups and downs but we have remained true through it all. Someone once asked me what I would change in my marriage to Cheryl and I told them not a darned thing. It has been one of the best decisions in my life. The misgivings have been what I have caused. Sometimes my temper would get loose, sometimes my wander lust would get loose and sometimes the kids would get the best of me but overall I have a great family and an even greater wife. I look forward to spending eternity with her.

We met when I was visiting someone else in Ohio. I took one look at Cheryl and knew that this one was going to be my wife. I don't think I can produce a gratuity worthy of her.

What are we going to do today? Well for starters we are going to the movie King Kong. We both want to see it because we have heard such good comments. I have tried to convince her to take in a dinner as well but she does not want to do that. All these years we have celebrated at McDonalds and this year I was going to upgrade and take her to Burger King. For some reason she feels she can do a better job cooking at home. It is a win, win situation for me.

Did I get her anything for our anniversary? Well, I tried. I ordered a ring for her but it has not shown up; if it does I will save it for her birthday which is in March.

It has rained, rained and rained for the past few days. Luckily the mountains are getting a lot of snow which is a good place for it. We are beginning to grow webbed feet though. When I went to the doctor I started going quack, quack, quack. (I didn't really say that did I)

Tomorrow I promise to start the saga of one Joseph Kip Delaney. I have been threatening to do this for some time but there is so much to tell that I am afraid I will leave out some good parts. I'll get Cheryl to help me remember.

Remember, tomorrow is the big game. USC vs Texas. Now all you Texans might want to go and purchase crying towels 'cause you are going to need them; it will be a slaughter. :)
Byyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

3 comments:

fishondude said...

Happy Anniversary enjoy the movie it's great. Tammy and I went to see it on my birthday. Your funny I'm quacking up (lol)

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Just got a chance to look over your latest entries. I have been so busy haven't had a chance previously. First of all, King Kong is an awesome movie. I felt it was really well done. Get ready to sit there forever though as its about 3 hours and 15 minutes long. But, it goes by fast!

I'm from Texas of course, so I guess I should be rooting for Texas?? But the truth is I don't really care that much about sports. sad huh?

I loved the picture in your previous post about your daughter and her family. OH my gosh - how many children do they have? Which are which? whose are whose? I realize they are all both theirs now...but man, that is a big (but great looking) family. I'm sure dinner time at their house is interesting!

Well, gotta run for now. Dana

Jason Kaspick said...

Happy 40th Anniversary!!
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm on your face,

The rain fall softly on your fields;

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.