Monday, January 16, 2006

Nothing Special Today


I received this picture from someone, I am sorry I don't remember who, but thought it was too good to pass up. Sometimes this is how we feel when we go to the prison. We found out yesterday that some of the federal prisoners have formed a so-called protection ring and are intimidating all the others. Too much time on their hands. I have been surprised and impressed with some of the inventions they have told me about. Our prison does not allow pens to be used yet the prisoners just laugh about it because they say it is much easier to do more damage with a pencil than it could ever be with a pen. I just take their word for it.

Cheryl and I started the day being lazy since it is a holiday. Hopefully today is the day we make a decision about a house. We meet with the realtor to take a second look at a house that is about an hours drive from here. We like it because it is in a small town, more relaxed atmosphere and yet still have access to three major towns for shopping. The part that concerns us is the closing costs and the lack on money on our part; hopefully we can borrow or negotiate it.

All I know for sure is that it puts me back in good old Idaho where the fishing is great, the laws are not that insane, yet, and the air is clean. When we moved from Bakersfield, CA the air was so bad that on a "clear" day you could see the brown haze lingering above any street you drove on. Coming off the Tehachapi hill you would just grit your teeth as you succumbed to the sea of filth. Ah, for the good old days of horse poop, saddles and bridles and good looking cowgirls. Naw, maybe not. Those girls weren't that good looking; no wonder the cowboys kissed their horses and let the girl get away.

I have always been a Louis L'Amour fan. As I would read his books I could envision myself riding to the rescue, getting in the fights (except I would probably lose), saving the town or the ranches and then riding off into the sunset on my horse. Of course there would be the lean, hardened trail look, the six gun on my hip, the hat that never comes off even in a fight, broad shoulders, narrow hips, just the image of masculinity. Instead what did I get; broad shoulders all right, sagging belly (no, not from drinking beer), my wife says I have the narrow hips that turn her on (maybe I should not have said that), I can't stand to wear cowboy hats or boots. I used to have the six gun but it got stolen so I said to heck with it. Anyone wanting rescuing is just in deep trouble if they are looking my way. :)

Okay that is enough for today. In case anyone did not catch the game Saturday the BRONCOS WON!!! Now they play the Pittsburg Steelers which means Denver will be in the Superbowl this year. GOOOOO BRONCOS!!

2 comments:

Lowa said...

My oldest bro used to look like a cowboy. Did tricks on his horse and everything.

Happy house hunting! Hope it works out for you! Wish I could move out on some land and have horses or even a dog would be nice and some room for the kids to run!

Congrats on your team winning. I know you are happy about that:)

Holly said...

Steelers won too!!!!!