Monday, January 30, 2006

Good Monday Morning

I was going to post another picture but blogger won't let me. I guess someone must have edited my "Bra" post. I am glad so many of you enjoyed it. Yes, my sense of humour does get me into trouble at times.

Well, my wife accomplished something yesterday that I did not think would ever be accomplished; she taught me how to make hats from yarn. Now am I boring or what? Actually she has been going to the prison and teaching the prisoners, both men and women, how to do this and they have really enjoyed it. I guess when you set around all day with nothing to do but stare at the four walls, other prisoners, or the TV, which stinks, you are willing to try anything. Last Saturday she had about 15 men and 10 women making hats and booties for humanitarian purposes. The men liked it so much they begged her to come back the following week.

So last night as I was watching Law and Order Criminal Intent, and Crossing Jordan I asked her to show me what they were doing. Now I have a hat coming along quite nicely. Okay, okay I can already hear the giggling coming from some of you who know me quite well. Just stop it! I am not a sissy and just because I moved from California I am not strange either.

We had our daughter Kimberly and her family over for dinner last night. The reason I mention this is because even though they eat here quite often and visit quite often we had never "officially" invited them for dinner. So we got out the good china, fixed up the table nice and neat and even lit a candle to place in the center of the table; all this just for them. Cheryl made some of the most delicious chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green peas, corn bread and topped it off with peach cobler. Now if this is how one is to get a great meal then maybe I should invite someone over more often.

Got a call from our realtor and the offer we made on the house has been accepted now we just go through all the hooplaa for the next steps. We are nothing but a bundle of nerves. We don't want to say anything to our friends and our church until we know it is definitely a done deal and that is killing us. Well, it is killing Cheryl anyway, she just wants to start doing things so badly.

I guess that is all for today. I think of stories to tell and then forget them; senior moments they call it. Have a nice day.

3 comments:

Lowa said...

I won't giggle at all! I think it is wonderful! Are these hats knitting, crocheting, sewing or what??

My son "Jock", who plays any sport and is very athletic, LOVES to sit and crochet and do cross stitch. He cooks, cleans and plays Princess things with his sister (the latter only if forced) and wants to take a sewing class. Being well rounded is a good thing!

Sounds like a lovely meal you had. My mouth is watering!

Hope the house thing goes smoothly!

Tigersue said...

Hey there,
I have trouble posting with blogger too. Dave at Whole note uses flicker and my sister uses photobucker, I'm concidering one of them. I have tried hello and picasa and they do let you upload pictures okay, but I have had trouble with animated .gif files, and you can't do more than one picture at a time.

Tigersue said...

sorry that was supposed to be photobucket. :)