Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What to Say Today?


Oh what I would give (maybe) to be 40 again. My body would be in much better shape. I would feel like I have some energy and I would hopefully be smarter than I was at that age. As we tackle the problem of boxing things for moving, the problems of taking things down, loading them and all the stuff associated with it, I find I have no stamina.

I was thinking the other day, (yes, I do THINK once in a while) about how I communicate with others. If I were to say I go to a STAKE house rather than to a STEAK house there would be many who could associate with me and know exactly what I am talking about. If someone would say to me, "Are you an elder?", I would say back, "No, I am a high priest." Many around us would think we were talking a foreign language.

I am not one to push religion on anyone but I am pleased and proud of the fact that I am LDS. My religion is my life and without it I would be so lost. I am a former temple worker having worked in both the Los Angeles and Idaho Falls temples. Some of you who read these writings of mine might wonder what in the heck is he talking about while others will say they knew it by my speech.

What in the world am I talking about? I am always on the lookout for other LDS people 'cause we all share a common bond and I find it very neat to find others around the world. It creates a bond that only those associated could appreciate. What does that mean to anyone who is not LDS? It means you should check it out and see what is so neat about the whole thing.

Cheryl thought I should tell about my truck wreck by Jerome, Idaho but I will tell that another day. Lately I have been so caught up with the situation we are in here at home that my mind has had trouble focusing on what I would like to say. I really do have a sense of humour even though at times it is hard to find.

I find myself envying those of you who write so well. I appreciate those of you who have had an education 'cause it shows. Me, I am just an old truck driver who has struggled to get by in life and now in old age I am paying the price for being an uneducated man. Please keep writing in your blogs for through your writings I educate myself with your words and thoughts. The lady from Missouri does such a great job.

Oh, before I forget, I am NOT a BYU fan. Maybe at one time when LaVelle Edwards was there but not since. Now I am a Utah State Aggie fan come win or lose. I will never be anything but a BRONCOS fan no matter how fortunate Pittsburg was this past Sunday. Of course being a very religious man I didn't watch the game, it being the sabbath and all, I just kept checking the score every 30 seconds or so. :)

4 comments:

Mags said...

Hi Mr. Delaney, thank you for the comment you posted on my blog. I'm sorry to say that I haven't had as much time as I'd like to read through your site, but I have enjoyed what I've seen of it. I saw the wedding picture of your daughter Leslie - she is quite beautiful, and she and her husband make a striking couple. I think it was in December where you had posted a picture of yourself with your "Favorite Girlfriend" - Mrs. Delaney, I presume? A very sweet couple, indeed. I was sorry to read about the tractor accident you experienced in your youth, but am glad that you survived and are here today. Your friend Amber sounds like quite a character! Last, but not least: 6 kids! I should have nothing to complain about! Thanks again for your comment. I wish you and Mrs. Delaney all the best.

Tigersue said...

Thank you so much for coming by my blog that was great!
I am a BYU fan, but I went to WSC, before it was a university to get my Nursing degree, if I had gone into music it would have been BYU, and if I had known about Michael Ballam, and music Therapy, USU would have won hands down! I met my husband at BYU, but only because I was going to a student ward out of my Bounderies, not because I was a Student. :)
I love Logan, think it is a great place. Our Bishop and his wife are from Logan.
Hope I can come a visit your blog more often.
Tanya

Holly said...

Me again!! I didn't know you was a truck driver. Bill also Drove a Semi truck across the country when he was living in Omaha. You and him could prolly share alot of stories 'bout driving trucks. I believe his father drove truck also he still lives in Omha.I thought it was interesting thats all. you can watch the football game on the computer but its not like tv it gives you an update like every 3 min or so and tells what players have done what. In case you already didnt know. NFL.com I don't have cable so that is the only way I can keep track of the games before I go to the bowling alley at 6pm on sunday night then they have it on tv there lol.

..................... said...

Hey,
I think you write very well. I could tell you were a very devout man and you did mention going to temple so I knew that you belonged to the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
Moving is a bummer that is why we are so dragging our feet when it comes to looking at houses ourselves.