Friday, January 13, 2006

Lost but Seldom Found


If there are any people from Colorado who read my blog I need your help. There is a lady (boy is that being generous) who has lost her way, her marbles and her mind. To the left is her portrait so if you see her it will not be hard to recognize her. Please be patient because she was abducted by aliens at an early age and we are still not sure what all they did to her. We do know she was stamped "rejected" and tossed out like an old rag and it had harsh emotional effects on her. Her name is Amber but she thinks she is a "Cootie Bug", whatever a "Cootie Bug" is but she will respond to just about anything. If you see her please do not approach her but call the "Who Cares" help line at 1-555-Who Cares. Thank you for your help.

This is a picture of our youngest son Michael, his wife Brandi, Derek on the left and Hayden on the right. They are a neat family and Mike is one of the FedEx managers in New Mexico. I keep forgetting to post their picture mainly because I had it in GIF format and blogger will not accept it so I changed it to JPEG.

Now back to ME, ME, ME.

When I was 12 or 13 years of age I lived for baseball. I would spend hours out behind the barn throwing a ball against an old car seat and I must admit I could throw pretty hard and fairly accurate. This particular year was the year we were going to take the valley championship, which for our team would be quite a feat, but, I have a sister who unfortunately had contracted polio and it left her one arm almost useless. The doctors determined that if she had a bone marrow transplant she might regain some use of the arm so they proceeded to find a bone marrow donor. Guess who was the lucky person? My baseball playing was cut short and since I would be starting high school that fall so was my football playing cut off.

We had the surgery and they took about 6 inches of my bone marrow and placed it in her arm. I cannot say it was a complete success but she has been able to use the arm more than she ever could before. She learned to play the guitar and is an accomplished singer; now if she just wasn't so darned onery.

Yes, yes I am a wonderful person to do such a thing. I pat myself on the back every now and again just to let me know what a great guy I am. I don't understand my wife though 'cause she just has a hard time appreciating me that much. Oh well, each morning I get up, look in the mirror and tell myself, "I am wonderful, I am so loving, I am so great the world should be happy to have me." Now there is a load full of Irish blarney!!

By the way ( and I am sorry I don't remember your name) thank you for spelling Auf whatever it was for me. I knew I would butcher it.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know exactly where the cootie bug is....she is at work, working hard (maybe it is hardly working), trying to save enough money to travel to Utah and to bless those crazy people with her presense. I will wrangle her in and let her know the more time she spends with you the better!