Thursday, January 12, 2006

Just Getting By Today

As I have mentioned we are house hunting right now. Several of the homes we have looked at have fairly large yards which I am not too much in favor of. Mowing the lawn, pruning shrubs and doing all the other stuff cuts into my fishing time way too much. I told Cheryl we would have to get a riding lawn mower if we found a home with a large yard. She agreed that she would help if we had a riding lawn mower so I found the one above; do you think she will be happy?

As I have mentioned we do volunteer work at the prison here and we come across many different kinds of criminals. The one on the left was caught red pawed eating my food and that is a major felony. At the trial the judge found that there was an accomplise and sentenced them both 10-20 years living in our house doing hard sleeping and hard laziness. So far they have adjusted to it quite well.

We had to find prison dress for them though and this was the best we could come up with. Don't they look like a pair of viscious criminals of the feline kind? Actually these are pictures that someone sent to me but I thought they were kind of neat and had to make up a story to go along with them.


Now the monster on the left is the judge. He is actually our cat and has been with us for almost 16 years. We got him when he was a wee one and our dog picked him out of the litter. They were the best of friends up to the day we had to put our dog to sleep. We would tease the dog by telling him to go chase the cat. He would jump up, look around for a cat while all the time Gus (the cat) was standing next to him. It was like, "I don't see any cat. All I see is Gus." We love our animals but when Gus dies there will be no more for quite a while. It gets too hard leaving him behind when we go somewhere and and he does not like to travel.

Well, I am off to see the doctor about my plumbing. Fare Well, So Long, Auf Viedersein (or something spelled like that) to you. Good Byyyye, Good Byyyyeee, Gooood Byyyyyeeeee.

3 comments:

Lowa said...

Your plumbing eh??? That sounds like less fun than the filling I had this morning at the dentist. Reminds me I need to get checked out since my Dad is a colon cancer survivor.

Those kitty pics are great! The Judge is GORGEOUS, reminds me of a cute one hubby and I used to have, many eons ago. I miss her:(

Looking forward to more stories!

Holly said...

I liked your cat story I have a cat and she is huge. 16 years is a long life for a cat. Mine is only 12 but getting old.

..................... said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your criminals are adorable.
Auf Wiedersehen. (and that is the correct spelling) :).