Monday, May 08, 2006



Ahhhhh, this is the life. This was last year when Cheryl and I went to a spot called Tony's Grove. Nothing but fresh air, blue skies, great scenery and good food. We now have a somewhat larger camper and are looking forward to camping this summer. Right now the weather is cold and dreary but the spirit is still saying, "Get ready, young man, get ready."

Here is another picture of my granddaughter, Rylie Ann. Someone asked me what her middle name was and at the time I did not know but her Father enlightened me that it was definitely going to be Ann. The hat she is wearing is one that I made for her; isn't it adorable?


Schaumi tagged me and after explaining what that meant I guess I will try and make an attempt at doing my part.

1. I am myself and really don't care what others may think although I do try to be reasonable about things. If I don't like something I am not afraid to tell you so and hope that I didn't build up the resentment to the boiling point cause then it is not a pretty site.

2. I enjoy fishing, computers, puzzles (especially of trains), having my own home and sex. Of course Cheryl wonders about the last one. Okay enough said about that.

3. Unlike some people in Texas I DO suffer from depression. It is a horrible disease and I wish I didn't have it. It comes on like a rainstorm although many times there is no warning what so ever.

4. I enjoy doing things like blogging and meeting new people. I just wish more people would respond to my blogs but, oh well. I refuse to read blogs that have a lot of cursing in them. Anyone intelligent enough to write a blog is intelligent enough to not use that kind of language. I have seen some very pretty ladies who used the most foul language and that turns me cold.

5. I don't smoke or chew and don't go with girls who do. I haven't been curried below the knees so you know I must have fleas.

6. I truly do not like California and Utah. All my life I have said I would not live in either state and what do I have to show for it... 19 years in California and 2 in Utah. YEECHHHH.

7. As you can tell I am not good at this. I like to watch movies. I find them relaxing for some reason. I used to read a lot but my eyes get so tired that I stopped doing that as much. Movies I like: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Searchers, Replacements, The Mask, Simon Birch, The 13th Warrior, to mention a few. I really like variety in my life.

8. I go to church. I do not like Sunday School although the teacher I have now is quite good. I don't like Home Teaching but I do like to just visit without being told to do so.

9. My descendancy is Scot-Irish and I am proud of it. We don't like authority, we like being loners, we like sex (oops maybe I should not put that in), we like to watch pretty women cause we find them a hoot, I hate snakes or reptiles of any sort.

10. I am true to my wife and will not entertain thoughts of being otherwise. What is the sense of getting married if that be the case. I stopped drinking when I got married because I wanted to raise a family and be a good father and husband and drinking had no part of that. (Hope I don't offend anyone) (See number 1)

11. This is the last one. I love to tease and it gets me in lots of trouble. I mean no harm with it and sometimes it just comes out without even thinking.

Okay, there you have it. Kate you are tagged now. Oh, 11a. I would like to see a picture of Schaumi so I know who does these things to me.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

..................... said...

I liked what you wrote.
You don't want to see a picture of me...my image would break your computer screen.

Fried Lemon Pie said...

The grand baby is just adorable. Many, many congrats!!!

Shaun said...

Heey, what's wrong with Utah?

Ho ho, I jest. I am currently in Provo going to school. The culture here is enough to drive me crazy. I used to consider myself extremely conservative in Idaho Falls, but since coming here I've felt like a bleeding heart liberal, somewhere to the left of Ho Chi Minh. Talk about culture shock!

The biggest thing that irritates me is that here in Provo, people judge so much by appearances and certain actions or qualifications that who you are gets overlooked and pushed to the side. It's much more important if you shave or have gone on a mission. The country here is beautiful, but people won't think for themselves and never dare to ask "why".

Tigersue said...

I loved your list! And that Grandbaby, she is beautiful!

Lowa said...

I just read this now. Been meaning to get to it and had a few minutes.

This is my last comment on your blog until you comment on mine. Where have you been?? You have said nothing on my blog in at least a week. HUMPH.

I jest. Although I do miss your daily comments. I know soon you will be busy with fishing, camping etc and then where does that leave me??

As you know, I am also Scoth/Irish. Extremely proud of it, you are right. Why shouldn't we be?? I also refuse to drink, mainly cause I can't stand the stuff! And who can afford it?? I have seen it tear too many families apart.

I LOVE reptiles and snakes and don't tend to notice good looking women very much, since I am one. A woman I mean. Not the good looking part! LOL

Ok, pizza is here and time top play board games until the wee hours with all the kids.

That wee Rylie is an angel, by the way. Just darling! I hope you get to see a lot of her:) My Reilly will be 7 a week from today, I can hardly believe it!