Wednesday, May 10, 2006



It's that time of year for all kinds of field trips your children might be taking with their school. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CHILDREN ARE GOING TODAY???

I see on the news that Texas has been hit by tornados. I hope that does not affect any of you that I have been priviliged to know through blogging.

Okay, the question for the day, and I hope you women will respond to this. What in the heck does one get his wife for Mother's Day? My wife has everything since she has me so I am at a loss. Very funny Schaumi, it would take more than $10 to take a break from me. Luce, you know who cleaned up the poop, it sure wasn't ME!!

I look at all these advertisements and some of them crack me up. Get your wife a new washer or dryer or vacuum. Why? So she can work harder that's why. Cheryl looked at me years ago when I asked about things like washers and etc and all she said was, "Don't even think about it buddy boy."

I could get her flowers but then she would think I am up to something. Candy she really does not care for since it seems to stick to the hips. Jewlery I refuse to get for her since she has enough jewelry that she could wear something different each day and never repeat in this life time. I could get her a puppy but then it grows old, messes up the carpets and you have to put it to sleep and that is too sad. How about a picture of ME?? How could a picture improve on the original, plus she gets to see me every day and it doesn't cost me a thing.

See my problem? How about a little help from you ladies. Books don't work cause I would have to read them to her and if it ain't Louis L'Amour just forget about it. A movie would be nice but she doesn't like violence or war or westerns and definitely nothing from Texas. I'm telling you I am in a pickle.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "A rolling stone gathers no moss"? That phrase is not true. Cheryl's maiden name was Moss and she grabbed ahold of me with both hands. Hee, hee. The other day a bunch of us were talking about our first kiss with our spouses. (This was a mixed group) All I can say is that the big city girl (Cheryl) turned this poor old country bumpkin into a stud machine. Hmmm, hmmm. Teach her to tell me to pull over so she can kiss me.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Alpha Male said...

Perfume Tim, Perfume, you can never go wrong with perfume. If she says what you think I stink you say no dear I wanted you to try this new brand. Just make sure you buy a different brand then she normally wears. Works every time.

..................... said...

My father-in-law gives my mother-in-law a day away from him. Not necessarily on mother's day, since his b-day also quite often falls on that day. He buys her a day pass to a spa which is located in the next larger town where we live. She usually ends up getting a facial, pedicure and manicure.
I'm a mother's day curmudgeon, so nothing works for me.

..................... said...

PS:
..or you can sign her up for lasso lessons, her being a city girl and all, she might really like that. but then again, maybe she already does know how to do that...

Lowa said...

Yes, Spa day sounds heavenly!

Perfume is also good. Any shower/bath gel stuff, depending on if she likes to bathe or shower.

Just a day off of any house work would be thrilling for her, I am sure!

Let us know what you decide on, now I am really wanting to know:)