Friday, May 19, 2006



This is about how I feel today. Lazy!!! It has been quite warm for this time of year and it drains my ambition immensely. Must be all those Texans sending hot air up this way.:)

Yesterday I went to the sheriff's office to take my driver license test. I want to get my CDL back, plus passenger endorsement, plus school bus endorsement. Mercy, the lady handed me about 17-18 pages of tests. All told there were 5 different tests I had to take and by the time I was done I was drained. I passed all but one and that was the passenger endorsement. The license manual and the test questions don't quite jive so if you get on a bus and I am driving maybe you should worry.

I used to drive a charter bus part time and met a lot of interesting people. The Japanese were the best of all of them. They treated me like I was royalty. I was driving down a road in Wyoming when I noticed all of them excitedly looking out the windows and pointing. For the life of me I couldn't see anything out there. The guide came and asked me to stop so they could go look at a particular plant that was growing since they had never seen one before. Guess what it was? Sagebrush! I mean they were excited like a bunch of little kids over sagebrush.

I asked Cheryl if there was anything special she wanted me to do today and she said no. I then asked if I could work on a puzzle and she said yes. As Red Foxx would say in his TV show, "It was the big one. I am coming home Mama." (For those of you too young to know what I am talking about, it was a heart attack).

I have 8 water lines in my lawn watering system and I now have 7 of them fixed. Talk about a mess. Broken lines, broken sprinklers, improperly installed sprinklers, sheesh. No wonder I am tired today. Waa, waa, waa. Guess I will close before those Texans and Canadians start picking on me. (I am a very delicate person)

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

Ok, looks like a Canadian is first:)

I am not going to pick on you, however. Just wanted to say I can imagine how drained you are! Sounds like you have been very busy. Those tests sound hard.

My oldest brother used to drive the buses that take disabled people around the city. Drove it for years, while he went to school. Now he is a hot shot social worker up in Northern Saskatchewan. Not a nice job really. Taking kids from their families and what not. Someone has to do it though, right?? I just remember how he loved his job driving people on those buses, getting their wheelchairs situated just so and taking them where they wanted to go.

So you going to drive a big bus again anytime soon?? I am not sure I know what sagebrush is. I know I have heard of it, and likely even seen it. I just don't pay much attention I guess.

I love Japaenses/Chinese people. I had many of them for room mates in University and they were all wonderful sweet people. Glad they treated you so nice:)

Ok, I will keep quiet now!

Fried Lemon Pie said...

You luv us Texans, and you know it!!!

..................... said...

You using that little bitty ole heat as an excuse for being lazy? Be glad you are not from down South then. You'd wither away.

But seriously, we all need to be careful in the heat. So, it is good to take it easy when it gets too hot.

Hope you get all those licenses..

Kate Olson said...

OH! I am going to say many thanks tonight that my kids are in California and not in Idaho. They will let ANYONE have a license these days!!!