Monday, May 22, 2006

Hello from Idaho. As the song goes, "And here you have Idaho. Winning her way to fame." Then it goes on but I won't do that now.

Good weekend for us. Saturday we went to a church party and had a blast. Some of those quiet, unassuming people in the church turned out to be quite the characters. It was one of the more enjoyable parties I have attended and I don't like parties of any kind. If it wasn't for Cheryl I probably would not attend any social activities. Yes, I am a big dud!

Sunday I upset the priesthood leadership. They all showed up for church for the first time since I have moved here, and I made the comment that something must be going down for all of them to be there at the same time. They didn't take that too well. Think I will keep my trap shut for a while and let the feathers smoothe.

I don't know how many of you like horse racing; I don't. It is about as exciting as car racing(LUCE) and paint drying BUT I did watch the race on Saturday and was truly saddened by what happened to Barbaro (I think that is how you spell his name) It was so obvious that the ankle and leg had brokend by the way it was flopping around. Lots of money lost that day and not just in gambling.

Did any of you watch the TV movie "Apacolypse 10.5"? Cheryl just had to watch that thing. No, Kim Delaney is not our daughter but if she wants to send us her pay check that will be okay. I found it interesting that Kings mountain in Utah was a major center for activity. I guess I had better say my prayers more sincerely if that is what is coming our way. Kings mountain is not too far from here. Ahhhh, tonight the mole is revealed on CSI-Miami. Poor Horatio he is not destined for happiness in this life.

Since I am doing these blogs for my kids, supposedly, I must remind them of the trip to Yellowstone Park a few years, well many years, ago. We went to Cody, Wyoming to go into the park that way. The road was quite narrow and quite steep and just enough room for two cars to pass comfortably. What does my jeep do? It quits in the middle of the climb. Ten thousand cars behind me that cannot get around me and I can't figure out what the problem is. Not one person came to see if I needed help or if they could help. Not one. They sure could honk those horns though. I think they were all from Texas. I got so frustrated that I took a very large wrench, smacked that car a dirty one, and said, "Run you SOB!!!" It started right up and never gave me any problem the rest of the trip. My oldest son made the comment that if a bear had of came over to see what was going on he would have run from Dad for fear he would get thumped. Darn rights he better run.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to this weekend of camping, fishing or just being lazy as well as paying respects to those who have passed on. Please fly your flags. Cheryl and I think we are going to go to Driggs, Idaho and put flowers on our son's grave. I truly want to say be careful. A lot of cars means a lot of accidents and we don't want that.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Too funny...I like horse racing MORE than nascar racing. We are polar opposites.

..................... said...

I have a word I use for church leaders that take themselves too seriously or don't have a sense of humor.....but it wouldn't be polite language. I don't want to offend your 'delicate' sensibilities:) so I won't say, err, write it..........

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I saw the horse racing deal...just happened to have it on - that was sad!