Tuesday, May 09, 2006



This picture is for our friend, Darla, who lives in Bakersfield, CA. My wife worked for Darla a long, long time and they are very good friends. It was always a joke about how she would fix everything with duct tape. So Darla, here is another way to use that good old product.:)

Last night was an interesting one in our house. First we had a few people over for what we call a Family Home Evening. For those of us who no longer have children in our home I guess it should be called Old Folks Night Out. We had a good time learning about each other and how imperfect we really are.

About 1:00 am we awoke to the strangest noise. It sounded like a big rat was trying to get into something in our bathroom. At first we thought it was Gus, our cat, but he was next to Cheryl on the bed so I drug myself out of bed to see what the heck. Somehow a stray cat had gotten into our house and was really having a hey day. He had eaten all of our cat's food, tipped over the trash can and scattered everything and then to top the list he pooped on our couch. There is a death sentence hanging over his head as I write.

We chased him downstairs, we chased him upstairs, we chased him through the rooms shutting doors as we went so we could narrow down his escape area. Just when we thought he had gone outside through the open door I tipped up one of our chairs and he was under it and the chase began again. We finally managed to get him outside amidst some fine Irish language and went back to bed. That inconsiderate wife of mine didn't want to fool around. I was wide awake and needed to calm down but all she wanted to do was sleep. In our house we have a saying, "Here's a quarter, call me in the morning." She gave me a dollar. Hmmmm. (Just kidding about the whole thing really) She did snap at me for telling her in a loving way not to be throwing her blankets on me.

Looks like a beautiful day here. Been rainy and cold as of late. Guess I will have to mow the lawn now. Dang, and the fish are biting.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Tigersue said...

Love the MacGyverism!

..................... said...

chortle, chortle :) hilarious cat story. I can just envision ya'll chasing that cat and using interesting, what did you call it?, irish language. what a night you must have had.

..................... said...

ps:
oh yes, and anytime your cheryl needs to borrow 10 bucks.......i might can oblige :) (she must have a good sense of humor to put up with you, LOL)

Fried Lemon Pie said...

heeheehee....funny story. Which one of you had to clean up the cat poop??