Monday, May 15, 2006



Don't ask me why I posted this picture 'cause I don't know. It is just my wierd sense of humor.

I hope all mothers had a very enjoyable mother's day. Cheryl said she enjoyed hers and I hope so. As I had mentioned she wanted a horseshoe set and got it. I was to cook her breakfast and dinner and I did. It was sooooooo good even if I do say so myself. Then we sat down and watched "Dante's Peak" in the evening.

Only attended one meeting at church yesterday. I must have overdone it during the week 'cause I sure was tired and sore over the weekend. Been fixing lawn sprinklers and now have only two more lines to go and they should all be working, I hope.

Thanks to those of you who responded to my question on your accomplishments. Have you noticed how much you can learn from others if you just listen to them? This was an exercise we would do when we taught Career Workshops. It is amazing what people have done that you would never suspect, like playing soccer on a men's team in school. Hmmmm. Got to watch those locker room antics though.:) When we taught our classes we would have several single women due to divorce, death or whatever and we heard many times over how hard it was and what an accomplishment it was to raise a family by yourself. I agree 110%.

Did I ever tell about the time Cheryl and I were setting at the dinner table with our kids and somehow the talk turned to what to do if one of us died. I asked if they felt I could re-marry and they all agreed that I could. The boys were describing the perfect woman and she would rival Miss Universe. We then asked if Mom could re-marry and they all answered as if they had been rehearsing for years... NO!!! Somewhat taken back I asked why not because it wasn't fair to Mom to live alone. My oldest son replied without blinking an eye, "Because you have been so damned hard to live with we don't want another guy to break in." Talk about take the wind out my sails. Here I thought I was the perfect father. Just because I would threaten to slap them into tomorrow to find out how the market was doing does that make me a bad father? (Don't answer that.)

Tiger Sue about Michael, my miracle child. Mike was and is a very good looking person. As a child he was cute to say the least, however with that cuteness came a great deal of mischieviouness. We took the kids to the SLC zoo one day and from all corners of the zoo we would hear mothers yelling, "Michael get out of that. Michael, get over here. Michael leave those animals alone. Michael, Michael, Michael." There has to be something in the name of Michael that causes mischief. How did Mike become my miracle child? I kept telling him if he did not stop doing what he was doing (on a daily basis) it would be a miracle if he lived to see tomorrow; Hence the miracle child.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Schaumi, if I ran to the mailbox I would die of heartattack, heat stroke, lack of oxygen and all other known means of death.

Ron, I sent Janet an email about her flea market, is she going to answer me?

Tigersue said...

I agree it much be something in the name of Michael since I am married to a Michael. Some of the stories he tells me of his childhood makes me shake my head in wonder. IT is a good thing he grew to be a wonderful man!

..................... said...

I don't run anywhere anymore if I can help it.

Sounds like both of you had a nice weekend. I don't know how this happened, but I got suckered into volunteering to make paraments with our Youth for Youth Sunday next weekend. The youth's part was done in 30 minutes. I spent all of Sunday afternoon finishing them.