Tuesday, May 02, 2006



I don't know how many of you have been interested in the past days events with the immigrants. I normally pay little or no attention to such things but lately they have been pushing some of my personal buttons. I asked myself why it bothered me so much and the best answer I can come up with is this... Someone comes into my home uninvited, makes themselves comfortable with all the amenities I have in my home, have to audacity to tell me I am a jerk and not taking good care of them, trash the place that I call my own, invite acquaintances over and plan all kinds of things to make my home look even worse, then I think I would be very excited about having them leave and not continue being around.

I guess the one thing that I saw yesterday that really upset me was the Hispanic people in California flying the U.S. flag upside down with the Mexican flag on top of it. How many countries would permit such a thing without repercussion? What is going to happen is bloodshed will start from these actions if they continue. I am not a person to grab a gun and start killing every hispanic I see but we all know there are extremists in this country who will do just that. So much for my soap box today.

I read where a 33 year old male married a 104 year old female. Now what kind of stupidity is that?

Have you ever had a situation in your life that you wished you could change? (Now this is a little stupid on my part so bear with me.) I wish that I was like Dr. Doolittle and could talk to the animals. Many times I wished I could walk up to a bear or a mountain lion, put my arm around their shoulders, and have a good friendly conversation. Wouldn't that be neat?

It is cold here today. The wind is coming from the north but no threat of inclement weather. Must be from the Edmonton Oilers celebrating their victory over the Detroit Red Wings. I actually watched Saturday's game for a while and was impressed with the sharp passing and skating that Edmonton was doing. Detroit gave them a rush for a while but to no avail.

Cheryl and I are slowly but surely getting the yard to looking better. We worked our south ends off Saturday. That wife of mine is such a good woman. Not only did she work hard but she fed me well also. We had homemade pizza made with french bread. Yum, yum, yum.

Well day after tomorrow my little granddaughter should be here. We are looking forward to it so much. We know her first name is Rylie but we don't know what her father is going to name her middle name. After Rylie is born then we look forward to Amber Nicole being born in July. What a great month to be born in, July. Why? Because that is when her grandfather, the one and only most glorious Tim Delaney was born. Who wouldn't be honored to have a birthday with that great man?

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ahhhh, the most important person is making her arrival in July. She may be born in your month, but she is my namesake......you will forever be reminded of your most favorite person in the entire world!!!! A blessing well deserved. Amber Nicole, that is music to my ears.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Gag, choke, cough, wheeze, snort. From the depths of space comes the previous message.