Monday, February 13, 2006

Country Music

For the life of me I cannot figure out why blogger will not let pictures be uploaded early in the morning. I have tried several times in the mornings and unsuccessful each time. Later on in the day it is okay. Guess I will have to start writing later in the day.

About country music; I am setting here recording cassettes onto cds and looking at the various artists when who should pop up in the middle of "Country Music 20 Greates Hits" but Tom Jones. Tom Jones!! When did he become a country music star? Surely someone must be pulling my leg. I will admit I am not the most ardent country music listener but come on; Tom Jones?

Rough weekend. I never even made it to church or the jail. I am hoping the doctor will have some miracle pill for me when I call him this morning. Right now I feel like I am the King of the Porcelain Kingdom and I want to relinguish my crown to anyone who wants it.

Now let me discuss women for a second. Why is it that when a woman wants to go somewhere, and the weather is good, she can jump in a car and away she goes with no thought as to her man. However let the weather be a little on the cold side and she cannot venture out long enough to start the car and let it warm up a little bit. No sir, the man must drag himself out in the cold; it doesn't matter whether or not he is not feeling well; then he must start the car, scrape the windows so she can zoom off into the unknown and leave him alone and sick or needng extra TLC.

Have you noticed how they are the "weaker" sex until it is something they want to do or a point they want to make?

About the winter olympics. I think the USA has a bunch of spoiled brats for the most part. Take the Kwan situation; she did not compete to earn her spot on the team; she did not fulfill the regulations the others had to fulfill, yet she earned a spot just by being who she was. The Hughes girl should have been on the team from the get go. Granted she is on it now but that is a moot point. Bode Miller and some of the others managed to let the USA down. I was not impressed with Miller when I watched the 60 Minutes show with him. He has no loyalty to the USA team, he just looks out for himself.

For the life of me I do not know what "curling" is. No I have not watched because I cannot stand the announcers and all the blabbering they do. I remember Pat Summerall and (shoot I just forgot the other guys name) when they did football. They would only talk when necessary and did not feel they had to repeat the same thing over and over and treat the audience like they were a bunch of idiots. Where are the good announcers anymore.

Dang, I am on a roll today. Must be because I have been averaging about two hours sleep each night for the last 4 days. I have got to get my plumbing fixed.

This is the Ramblin Irishman signing off and hopefully will be back with a different and more pleasing attitude.

6 comments:

Lowa said...

There are varying types of women, I think. I am not that way. I don't ask my hubby for anyt help, if I can help it. I start the car myself, no matter the weather, etc.

HE is the one who gets to have his motorcycle in the garage all year, while the kids and I have no room to park the van in there and must trek out in the wind and rain to unload groceries, backpacks, etc etc. He only rides the thing 3 months out of the year, and it still sits in there all winter, while the kids and I need to venture outside all the time.

I think it depends on the person. My hubby does not go out and start vehicles for me! That sure is sweet of you to do it for your wife:)

I don't understand curling either, but many of my relatives play it all winter and really love it. I personally think it is kind of goofy, but maybe that is cause I just DO NOT GET IT!

Hope you feel better!!!

Amber said...

Are you sure that it is the blog site that won't let you download things??? I would bet a million bucks that it is operator error....blame it on the person at the end of the computer - hee hee hee!!! 4 days and counting until I get to bless you with my presence.

Lots of Colorado Love,
Amber :)

Alpha Male said...

Hope you feel better. What was it about this last weekend. I was chasing the thronr my self..almost completed a book of crossword puzzles though.

Hope said...

Curling! wight wing wadical has a great blog on curling, and I've cleared some things up for him in my comments. Hope your feelin beeter soon.

..................... said...

Geesh, hope you can get your plumbing fixed. And curling is an odd sport, isn't it? I think it's time this winter is over. Everybody I know has been ailing, been in a funk, not slept well or has been just plain ornery...

Dottie said...

I'm sorry you have been feeling poorly. This has been a tough winter for everyone I think. I have had all 6 of us sick at some point over the last several weeks and I've been bringing up the tail end of the sickies. Hopefully I'm almost well :)

Didn't you read that fine print in the marriage contract?!? LOL I do go start my own van, most of the time but DH was kind enough to have an attached garage added on for me. When he wanted the 3rd child, I said there had to be a garage. I wasn't going to be trekking in on the ice and snow while big and pg.

Don't know much about Tom Jones but I don't recall him much in the country genre.