Monday, February 20, 2006

Short But Sweet

Is this how Monday mornings sometimes greet you? In my case it doesn't matter whether it is Monday or not there are just some mornings worse than others. Hope this finds everyone doing better than the picture.

This will be very short. Old folks rule and young folks drool. That is the saying from yesterday's activities. We went out to our daughters place for Sunday dinner, which was very good by the way, and after that we played several games of cribbage with Amber. Oh, how she was crowing about how she would teach me a lesson or two on the fine arts of cribbage. NOT!!
Her lower lip was trembling and the most sarcastic remarks were coming from her. Then to keep pouring salt into a sore wound Cheryl played her a couple of games of cribbage and skunked her. Hah,hah, hah. Oh, how the lip was trembling then. Actually we had a lot of fun and a lot of good natured ribbing was going on. We have enjoyed visiting with Amber and look forward to the time she returns home.:)

When we were in New Mexico visiting our son we were introduced to a new way of letting people know they had overstayed their welcome. You take a pineapple and cut the top off, then serve it to the one you would like to see go home. That is supposed to be a signal that they have been around long enough. I have given a whole case of pineapple to Amber but she is still here!!

My wife just committed what I call the unpardonable sin. There are not many things she could do that would cause me to be upset enough to threaten divorce but she managed to accomplish it this morning. I am still trying to calm down a little and be rational before I have a talk with her. What was this atrocity she is guilty of? Hmmmmmmmm.

SHE TRIED TO STEAL A PIECE OF MY BACON FROM MY BREAKFAST!!! YOU DON'T STEAL THE MAN'S BACON!!

Have a nice day everyone. The Ramblin Irishman is going to do some more Yee Hawing and more packing of items in the house.

3 comments:

site said...

Ramblin: I feel sorry for you , but it is just typical of the women of today the man brings home the bacon and the women steal it…

Lowa said...

Wow, I guess it starts early. I took my 6 year old son to Denny's on Saturday. He almost hit my hand when I reached to try and get a bit of his bacon?? He gave me the most offended look and gobbled down 2 slices in about 4 seconds.

MEN! I just wanted a little nibble. *sniff*

Hope said...

That pic looks remarkably similar to me on my Eeyore days. Different slippers though