Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More Ramblin's


For the life of me I cannot understand why our troops are still in Iraq. I normally don't comment on these issues but this time it just does not make sense. The country is erupting into a civil war and our people are being caught in the middle. We are not making any headway nor will we make any headway in changing their attitudes or establishing democracy. For centuries those people have known nothing but civil unrest, dictatorships and that is just the way it is. Maybe if their women finally get to have some say in the political arena some difference might come about. I just read today's paper about more bombings, more killings and what is it accomplishing? Absolutely nothing.

Received word yesterday that one of our grandchildren is at UCLA Medical Center in a coma. We are very concerned and quite frankly expect the worst. He has been deteriorating for a long time now and is terminally ill so maybe this is the time he leaves us. I feel for his family who really struggle knowing why these things happen, what happens after death and will we be together at another time. Hopefully they will see the light and start doing what they should have been doing a long time ago. Our prayers are certainly centered on him this day.

Cheryl says I am in a black and white mood today. I don't know where she gets these silly notions. I think maybe she is not in the mood for my teasing or singing. Women! You know I used to say that if it weren't for sex I would hate women. Now I say if it weren't for their darn good cooking, waiting on their man, housekeeping, willingness to be in servitude and knowing their man is the best thing they have in their lives; I might hate women. (Just kidding ladies!) I know you guys have earned the right to your soap shows, your laying around the and napping most of the time the kids and husband are gone while eating chocolate. Man what a life that must be. Take my sister in law Janet. She tells her poor, sickly, crippled husband that she goes to work and slaves but in reality she goes to work and talks, talks, talks. If they put her in the laundry they would not need a dryer; they would just put the wet clothes in front of her. (Yes, Janet I still love you:))

I think the reason my wife likes working with children so much is so she can revert back to being a child for a while. Men, on the other hand, face reality and realize they must do what men do. Earn a living for the wife to spend, suffer quietly during those special times of the month, be a counselor, a religious advisor, a referee and all other things that need taking care when the woman becomes upset. If he did not then life would be short and miserable. We hardly get to play with our toys, we never get to go and do the things we want and to watch something as simple as a ball game on the TV is like facing the bear in her den. No wonder I call my daughter in law "Ol Grizz"!!

Well this blog ought to get the web buzzing so I will close and go hide in case someone knows where I live. Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

So sorry about your grandchild. I hope everything turns out OK. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

..................... said...

Amen to your first paragraph.
I'll keep your family and grandchild in my prayers. It is heartbreaking to loose a child. I wish the best for this grandchild.
As for the rest.....
I bet you put your foot in your mouth a lot...:)

Alpha Male said...

Thanks Tim..Now Janet is mad at you instead of me..LOL I thank you for taking the pressure off..Real sorry about grand child..will keep yuo and family in my prayers..we love you guys still and forever.

Hope said...

My prayers as well