Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Much Better Day

This picture is about how I have been feeling lately. Needed wheels to move me and not straying too far from the porcelain throne. Seen the doctor yesterday (finally) and got a new pill that had almost instant relief for me so am feeling much, much better today. Now if they could invent a pill that would instantly improve ones looks I would be walking in tall cotton.

What a storm went through here the past two days. I thought maybe I was back in good old Idaho enjoying a regular blizzard but it wasn't quite that good. We must have gotten at least 8 - 10 inches of snow here on the valley floor but it was nothing like what those poor folks got back east. You know who I feel sorry for during these times (more than at others) is the homeless, the poor and the destitute. I see stories about these rich guys playing with their toys to make themselves look all that more important and I cringe a little. How many people could they help with a donation to feed, clothe or provide shelter? You ever wonder what you would do with your money if you were filthy rich?

When we taught Career Development workshops we would ask the question; If someone left you all the money you could possibly need to exist on, but the one stipulation was you had to work a full times job and donate all your earnings to the poor, what job would you choose to do the rest of your life? We had some very interesting answers. It is not as easy to answer as one might think.

A story about my daughter Leslie. When my oldest son, Kip, graduated from high school in Rock Springs, WY we, of course, had a small party in his honor. Now Rock Springs is about 200 or so miles from Idaho Falls, ID and the reason I mention it is because unbeknown to me my wife had invited some people from that area that I did not particularly care for. The wife was okay but the husband was an absolute butt head. He would constantly hit on my wife right in front of me and you just don't do that, especially to one with a lot of Irish blood.

As we were setting in the graduation ceremony I kept asking my wife if she thought they would actually come to our place. Naturally Leslie was listening to this conversation. Then I made the comment that maybe they could not find us and that Cheryl should have given them wrong directions to the house. I continued on by saying other things in a derogatory manner which I should not have been saying. As luck would have it they did not show up at the graduation ceremony so I thought to myself that I was home free.

Leslie went home with some of the other people that night and we came a little later. When I got home who should be sitting in our living room but the ones I had hoped would not find us. The first thing out of the guy's mouth was, "I hear you hoped we wouldn't find you." Naturally I about died. I asked where he heard a statement like that and he said it was from my daughter. (The one with the BIG mouth) Talk about doing the fast stepping and fast talking to get out of a situation. The evening proceeded on a better basis but now that I think about it we have never heard from those people since. Thank you Leslie!!!

The moral of my story. If you don't want something to be repeated then don't say it in the first place. However, if you want something to be repeated just call my daughter Leslie 'cause she can't keep a secret.

Thanks to all of you who have asked how I have been doing. Surgery is scheduled for March 13 and the doctor will not take no for an answer. He said my bladder is in the shape of an 90 year old and that is not good. Thank you for your prayers in behalf of Amber; the snowstorm was perfect. (Just kidding Cootie Bug, I still love you)

And now folks it is back to more country western music. YEEE HAWWW

10 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

The picture gives new meaning to the term "blowin and goin" - hee hee

Dana

Tigersue said...

funny funny picture!
For me I think I would still want to play in a professional orchestra. I find so much joy in playing wonderful music and being part of a group like that. It has been hard to play in a small community group where there are people that don't have the same kind of ethics, and desire to play their best.

..................... said...

Glad you are feeling some better.
Where do you get those pictures! They about crack me up every time.

Lowa said...

Go Leslie! LOL

BTW, just rememebered. Lara and I do not know each other. I happened on her Blog and e-mailed with questions about her daughter's hair. She had mentioned trying to brush it. She gave me advice, encouraged me to blog, yadda yadda, the rest is history!

So you have her to thank (or curse, whichever it may be! LOL) for my blog!

Amber said...

Fortunately you aren't that lucky. A mere snowstorm can't keep me away. The ship is dropping me off tomorrow evening!

Lots of Colorado Love,
Amber :)
aka cootie bug

Holly said...

what was the name of the pill that gave you relief? I have a prescription for lonox on hand just for that reason. It works good! glad to hear you feel better.

Hope said...

great picture, is this unit patented yet?
Great story about your daughter, well the story was funny, the lesson a good one.
glad to hear you are feeling better

Dottie said...

Oh...I can't comment with my new typepad screen name :( I've left blogger for the most part.

Funny picture but really scary that someone actually thought to create that! LOL

I've got a few people that Leslie can talk to for me. :)

Hope you feel better!

Alpha Male said...

So now you sit and run so to speak...glad you are feeling better..HAGD

David B. said...

Glad to hear your getting some relief. I hope the surgery goes well.