Friday, February 10, 2006

Tiz a good Friday (No, not Good Friday)

Having read my brother in law's blog I just had to post this picture. He is into NASCAR whereas I am into football. To me NASCAR is about as exciting as watching paint dry or metal rust. (How did you like that comparison Matt?) Actually some of the races are fun to watch as they get near the end.

Had a cousin and his wife stop in and spend the night with us and had a great time visiting. He is an old fart, at least 6 months older than me, and shows it. I, on the other hand, am still young, vibrant, got black hair instead of gray or white and full of mischief. (There might be some that will say full of BS but that would not be true.) My cousing wants me to convert all his cassettes to cd's and I don't have a program for it. Anyone out there have a good suggestion as to which program would be good to get? Next he wants to convert his VHS to DVD and so do I since we both have well over 200 of them. Anyone out there have any good suggestions for this as well?

Cheryl is having second thoughts about doing her surgery next week. She wants to wait until summer when school is out, we are moved and time is on her side. I can't make the decision for her so I am letting her sort it out in her mind. Only she knows how bad she is hurting. She is so afraid that I will suffer from lack of food while she is down. The silly woman, I know she will need therapy and so a great exercise is getting up and fixing my meals. My goodness after all I do for her by changing the tv stations with the remote the least she could do is fix a meal. (I am sure all of you would agree.)

Here are a couple of pictures to brighten your day. I hope "Brain" is doing well. I am kind of surprised at how many of you are in a motherly way and hope both you and the little one are doing great. You know it is actually the husband that suffers through a pregnancy not the wife.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

4 comments:

Fried Lemon Pie said...

NASCAR is a brilliant sport! My father got me hooked when I was a child, because back then he couldn't get any rally racing on TV here in american, so we watched NASCAR instead. I love Bill Elliot "Awesome Bill from Dawsonville" but he recently retired, so now I am a Kasey Kahne fan. Kasey drives the #9 Dodge. Not all NASCAR fans are rednecks (although most are), some of us are educated, liberal, artistic tree-huggers. :P~~~~~~

Lowa said...

Yeah, never got into Nascar.

Brain is great, thanks for asking:)

You are really cruisin', mister D. Good thing I am NOT pregnant, or I would come looking for you! I won't even get into all the ways pregnancy stinks and hurts and is horrible. There is NOTHING hard on the husband, except perhaps one thing, that I won't get into here. This is a G rated blog and I want to keep it that way! :)

Ok, off to update my own!

Tigersue said...

Love the pictures. Perhaps the pregnancy isn't as hard on the men, as it is the ladies, but to see the stress on my husbands face when I gave birth to my 4 children, I think he suffered plenty during that time. Maybe it's worse because I do labor without an epidural, (even though I was asking for one this last time, the baby came before they could do it!), but I know he has always feared that I would die in childbirth. So maybe physically I suffer more, but I would dare say he suffered a great deal emotionally and mentally during those times.

..................... said...

I'm really sorry that your wife's fall has resulted in her having to have surgery. I wish her well for whenever she decides to have her surgery.