Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine Day

Happy Valentine Day to everyone. I hope all of you have romance or at least some kindness for those around you. Thanks to Avon I managed to remember this year and Cheryl is happy. I got her a beautiful ring and some earrings. My wife has more jewelry than she can wear in a lifetime, although I will give her credit her jewelry is not the expensive kind. She is more the kind that likes the unusual. Being a pre-school teacher and administrator the kids loved to see what she would wear from day to day. I think even the rest of the staff found great amusement in it as well. Of course there was another lady there, by the name of Kay, that was just as funky and they made a great team.

I was asking Cheryl what were some of the more amusing Valentine Days she has had with me and she only came up with one. Several years ago, when the kids were still home, I bought her a lovely necklace. I asked my girls to help me surprise Mom with it and this is what they came up with. They placed it in a dish of green salad and served it to her with the meal. I was having a panic attack because I knew she liked to put dressing on her salads and I could just see that necklace all covered with 1000 Island. Luck would have it she stirred her salad first and found the necklace and all was well.

I normally don't take these type of specialty days too seriously. Christmas is the big one of course. I have always told my wife I don't need a special day to show her how much I love her. If I feel like getting her a gift I will do it without any special reason other than I love her.

Now Lowe, about the motorcycle in the garage vs the van in the garage; the motorcycle wins all hands down. My bike used to stay where it was warm and comfortable, afterall it is our baby you know. Am I saying that right? The handle is Lowe, right? Anyway I enjoy your comments on my blogs; yours and all the others that write. My kids don't even read them so guess what their Christmas will be. I print out each days blog.

Well, my son in law and daughter are here bugging me so I better quit 'cause I can't concentrate with them talking to me. Have a nice day and be romantic for crying out loud.

3 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! I actually got some flowers so I think my boyfriend isn't in the doghouse anymore - haha. Or maybe I'm just not PMSing. he he - hope you have a wonderful day.

Lowa said...

No sir. That bike does not win hands down!

And no, it is LOWA, used to be Laura. You used to get Lara and I mixed up and now I have gone and mixed you up even more. Sorry about that!

When I changed my background, I changed my name to what my little foster brothers used to call me.

Maybe I should change it back?? Looks like "IOWA" the state!

Noelie said...

Well I am so happy your Valentines is with a sweetie. As I said I am one of the lucky ones that can refer to it as "Single's Awareness Day"

Who am I you ask? Tigersue's big sister. :-)