Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day

Now the purpose of this picture is for those of you who might be suffering from too much stress. If you see two dolphins jumping you are okay and your stress levels are normal. However if you see anything but two dolphins jumping you are under way too much stress and need to slow down a bit.

It is clear, cold but beautiful here today. The temperature is on the upswing and I feel spring just around the corner. This year has been much better than last in the fact that most of the snow has been in the mountains where it belongs and not so bad down here on the valley floor.

You can tell a boring blog when the author is talking about the weather.

About the Olympics. Did I read the news right? Finland defeated Canada in hockey? Must have been a misprint. I see where Wayne Gretsky is quite upset with his teams play and rightfully so. Canada should win the gold with ease but they are not playing like they should. The women's team on the other hand did great. Congratulations! Of course our American olympians are performing their usual antics with showboating causing a gold loss amongst other things.

One of my favorite TV programs is Dancing With The Stars. I mention this because it reminds me of a story from my life. I don't know how to dance. Me on the dance floor is like watching a one man demolition derby. No woman's feet are safe. When I was younger I played for the dances in a dance band we had in high school. If I had sweet notions for a girl it would make me furious to see her out there with some guy, all snuggled up. and there I was making music for them. Anyway I did not learn how to dance.

Now where in the courting manual does it say that you have to be able to dance in order to win the affections of a girl? While dating Cheryl I suffered humiliation like no man should suffer by taking her to a few dances. Once we were married I told her a compromise must be made; no more dances for me. That was the compromise. Naturally my wife likes to dance. She was quite good at dancing on roller skates and won a competition one time doing it. No matter, I was not giving in to dancing.

It never failed. We would go to a dance and someone would come rushing up and deliver the old "let's trade partners" speal. If looks could kill then I am guilty of many a murder. I would stomp the poor woman's feet til they were mush.

Now I like to watch programs such as Dancing With The Stars but don't ask me to a dance 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

Got to get back to my cousin's tapes. I just finished a slug of Johnny Cash and now into Willie Nelson with Conway Twitty on deck. Yee Haw, what a country person I am becoming. I told Cheryl I will welcome some good old dance band music when this is all over.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

..................... said...

what dolphins? you pullin' my leg? I just see a heard of stampeding buffalo..;)

fishondude said...

I see fish & steak Yeah Food