Monday, February 06, 2006

Very Tired Today






I guess congratulations are in order for the Pittsburg Steelers. Oh, that hurt so much to admit my team was defeated. Being the good sport that I am I will admit Pittsburg played a good game and they deserved it.

I am very tired today. Have not been able to sleep much the past few nights. This morning Cheryl and I were up at 5:00 am so she could go get an MRI on her knee and leg. Sure hope they find out what the problem is so she can get back to normal. I am a lousy caregiver and an even lousier cook.

Got to take a trip today so must get going. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Here is an item my sister, Sharon, sent to me, hope you enjoy it too.

Understanding Engineers:

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

The engineer fumed, "What's with those blokes? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"

The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"

The priest said, "Here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello, George! what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"

The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."

The group fell silent for a moment. The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."

The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."

The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

1 comment:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Cute. I hope Cheryl's leg gets better...have a great day!